Migrating to CICS Transaction Server 2.2:
User Experience - Surprises, etc.
- NETNAMES and Surrogate (remote) Terminal Entries (Barry Brooks from
UF will comment).
- EXEC CICS INQ TERM or INQ NETNAME used to return blanks in the
NETNAME field for a surrogate (remote) TCTTE.
- NETNAME is now filled in for surrogate TCTTE's
- Potential problem for application programs?
- Satisfies a long-standing SHARE requirement
(be careful what you ask for; you might just get it)
- Created a logic problem in our locally written terminal autoinstall
program because we were assuming blanks in NETNAME field meant the
TCTTE was a surrogate.
- Corrected the logic as noted in the handout notes.
Display Surprises Notes, or
Jump to Surprises 2, or
Jump to Table of Contents.
The URL for this document is
Last updated on February 6, 2003, by
Page 52 of 60